Part of our humanness is the need to hold on to things. There is a wonderful release in just allowing for life to happen without holding on to every event. Here are 8 magical ways of letting go of everything that is holding you back from living a life of joy:
1. Letting go of procrastination. The art of delaying is making a conscious decision to carry around stress and worry. Procrastination, in anything, causes tension in the body. As long as you know that you have that one thing to do, even though you are not accomplishing it, the mind is piggy backing it with stress. Let go of putting off something that can be done and cleared from your life. There is freedom in just doing it.
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
2. Letting go of negative thoughts. You are your thoughts. You get to decide what participates in your daily life. For each negative reflection there is a choice in filling it with positive affirmations. A negative thought pattern harms mind, body and spirit. Whatever negativity we induce in our heads turns into emotional turmoil that energetically forces us to sink into depression, addiction and anger. Pick a mantra to repeat during these times that you begin to slip into negativity. A simple shift in awareness makes a world of difference.
“It would be easy to become a victim of our circumstances and continue feeling sad, scared or angry; or instead, we could choose to deal with injustice humanely and break the chains of negative thoughts and energies, and not let ourselves sink into it.”~ Erin Gruwell
3. Letting go of multitasking. When you multitask you are not fully participating in what you are doing. You make mistakes, you feel fatigue and eventually your physical health suffers from the magnitude of doing so much at once. Multitasking shortens your attention span, increases your heart rate and causes a strain in your mind. Do one thing at a time. Create space for presence in each thing you do. Take time out to play. You are allowed to step back and take your time.
“You can do two things at once, but you can’t focus effectively on two things at once.” ~ Gary Keller
4. Letting go of control. Control is an illusion. When you let go of restrictions you get to participate in the magic of synchronicity. You begin to live by faith rather than what you think should happen. The tighter you hold on to things, the heavier they become to carry around. Life is to be lived not manipulated.
“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ~ Steve Maraboli
5. Letting go of attachment to the past. You are here right now. Living in the past is an addiction and an excuse to not take responsibility for your life. It’s easier to fall into a victimization personality and play the blame game of what happened. You are responsible for now. Every lesson and experience has catapult you to this very moment. The choice is available of letting go what you cannot change.
“Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live there.” ~ Tony Robbins
6. Letting go of a plan. “If you want to make God laugh, make a plan!” You can make goals and affirmations for the future. You get to create your life. Be available to change your mind when the universe starts redirecting you elsewhere. Do not be so stubborn with your agenda. It’s okay. Cut yourself some slack. Sometimes things happen to force us to look at something better.
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” ~ Allen Saunders
7. Letting go of clutter. We hold on to things for sentimental value. We hold as reminders of the past and how far we’ve come. Your space is sacred. To have things all around causes a subconscious level of stress in our spiritual and emotional bodies. Start decluttering one room at a time. Start with your bedroom. This is the place where you rest and to have chaos around you can prevent sleep. Find simplicity and keep those things that bring you harmony.
“Out of clutter, find simplicity.”~ Albert Einstein
8. Letting go of letting go. Breathe mindfully and take time during the day to relax, even if for only five minutes. There is no reason to endure the heat of emotions in trying to let go of letting go. Allowing the spirit to breathe while inviting Divinity to come and sit for a while. You can do this through prayer, meditation, or contemplation. Remember that letting go doesn’t mean that you are giving up. It just means that you are accepting the miracles and mysticism of life. Enjoy the journey.
“Don’t go through life; grow through life.” ~ Eric Butterworth
We are the sum of our experiences and stories. Allow yourself the ability to surrender and let Divinity work its magic. You are always loved!